Doc’s Friends has announced three additional tour stops for the 2018 season.
B-29 Doc will stop in Cleveland, OH, Eau Claire, WI and Madison, WI this summer.
- May 31: Cleveland, OH | Burke Lakefront Airport
- Doc will arrive at Burke Lakefront Airport around 3 p.m. local time and will offer static display cockpit tours and merchandise sales until 8 p.m. Cost of a tour is $20 for adults, $10 for children ages 6-12, and under 6 free. Doc will be joined at the airport with Liberty Aviation Museum’s B-25 bomber, “Georgie’s Gal.”
- June 16-17: Chippewa Valley Air Show | Eau Claire, WI
- Doc will be on static display and will perform at the 2018 Chippewa Valley Air Show and offer cockpit tours and merchandise sales.
- July 21-22: Heavy Bomber Weekend | Madison, WI
- Specific details of this stop will be released soon.
The full 2018 tour schedule for Doc can be accessed here. The summer tour of the restored B-29 Superfortress includes nine stops in five states.
“Our mission is to honor the Greatest Generation and connect and educate current and future generations with the rich history of the B-29 as it relates to our nation’s history,” said Josh Wells, Doc’s Friends spokesman. “While our tour season kicks off in less than a week, we are still in negotiations with a few other air shows and tour stops that will be announced soon. We are also working closely with the FAA on a Living History Flight Exemption (LHFE), which will allow us to offer rides to those who want to experience the thrill of flying in a piece of one-of-a-kind history.”
While Doc’s Friends cannot take reservations or discuss detailed plans for the LHFE program at this time, more information is expected to be ready to release soon.
Meanwhile, construction continues and is on schedule for the new B-29 Doc Hangar and Education Center. CLICK HERE to see the overall budget and construction schedule. The new facility being built at Wichita’s Eisenhower National Airport will be finished in November of this year.
YOU CAN GET INVOLVED!
One of the most unique ways you can get involved is by purchasing a personalized brick or paver that will be installed in the front courtyard area of the B-29 Doc Hangar and Education Center. CLICK HERE to purchase your brick or paver today!